Thursday 29 September 2011

Battlefield 3 Beta


Now I have been excited about this game for a long time and my main goal when i finish uni is to do everything I can to work for Dice even if it involves doing things I wont be particularly proud of...

When I woke up this morning the first thing I done even before I left my bed was switch on my 360 and download the Battlefield 3 beta and for the next 30mins I sat and stared at the screen while the download progress slowly went up. Finally it reached 100% and I could begin!

The very first thing i noticed once i got into a game was the graphics and the level of detail that was in the face's and body's of my squad mates as we waited to go and destroy some M-COM stations. I clicked the stick in to crouch down and ended up in prone, I was surprised as i had totally forgot they were bringing it back into the game and couldn't wait to try it out with a sniper and maybe be able to kill people.

"pretending that i was free running" 
After the 30second countdown the game began, i immediately ran forward heading straight for the objective and went to jump over a wall. The animation that played as I jumped made the simple action really fun and I then spent the next 5 minutes running around and jumping over the walls pretending that i was free running. Eventually i was killed and brought back into what the game is all about, killing people and blowing shit up!

As i respawned on my squad mate i was met with a group of enemies firing at me, In my panic i threw a grenade into the middle of them and luckily managed to find some cover before a huge explosion went off sending parts of a wall and statue flying every where and gaining me my first kill when suddenly from behind I am grabbed by an enemy and spun around as he swiftly plunged his knife into my neck! i was left in awe in the beauty of the animation and again in the detail of the graphics in my killers face and have never before in a game been left wanting to die again!

Over the next 20 mins or so me and my squad continued to battle through against the enemy working our way forward destroying their M-COM stations and working our way towards victory. Finally we got to the last objective and I was the one sitting in front of the M-COM station ready to plant the charge my squad having sacrificed themselves to get me this far, pressing B i sat watching the circle fill and what felt like forever it eventually reached the top and the alarm started sounding. This was it i had done it! with the help of my squad we had won the game! or so I thought... from the left of my screen i see someone sitting aiming an RPG right at my face and before i could fire BOOM! im dead and they have disarmed the charge and won the round, I couldnt believe it!

Overall my first experience with Battlefield 3 beta was awesome and I couldn't wait to get into the next round and get my revenge on the enemy team this time defending the M-COM stations.

over the next few games I played I came across a few problems, every so often the sound kept cutting out which started to become a little annoying at times and the same was happening with my mates aswell. Another problem was squads when me and my mates created a squad and then attempted to join a game it kept sticking us in different squads or even different teams. The biggest problem though is that at the time of writing this the servers are down and i cant play! I'm sure it is just for maintenance but I'm having withdrawal symptoms already!

I cant wait to play this on the PC when I finally get mine fixed and until the 28th of October when they full game is released, I have high expectations for it and I'm sure it will exceed them!

Gamertag: craigmcmillan01
Twitter: craigmcmillan01
steam: craigmcmillan01
add or follow and we can game!

No comments:

Post a Comment